CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Niacin is the Bomb

slimecity Views: 6,186
Published: 4 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,923,208

Re: Niacin is the Bomb

This is an old forum message however posting am I am very confused about what most of the studies/literature say about Niacin. I am taking approx. 50mg twice per day and have no intention of increasing this until the uncertainty is sorted out.

I have recovered from a low cortisol state - I have been prescribed pregnenolone and DHEA by a (decent) doctor. Have recently reduced the Preg dosage down to 50mg once per day. I am also on HGH at night.

I started dosing with B3 and B6. The B6 dosage I am keeping very low at approx. 25mg 2x per day. The B3 (nicotinic acid) I am currently taking 50mg in the AM and 100mg in the PM (more at night for relaxation).

However most of the studies I have read state that after a few hours, the B3 will INCREASE stress hormone (presumably including cortisol) production. Is this likely to be correct? If so, this is totes undesirable, I want to take all measures to reduce cortisol as much as possible. I feel that high cortisol, especially in the AM, is a problem for me (constantly feel like I am "racing"). I am also waking up in the wee hours completely awake (3-4am) suggesting that cortisol is peaking early?

Any thoughts on this? thanks

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.516 sec, (1)