CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Fecal Transplant

dearmrsgreen Views: 3,855
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,873,181

Re: Fecal Transplant

Hi! I just want to share my experience with probiotics. My gut was wiped out by 3 years of c-diff following several years of Antibiotics for and infectious disease. I’m a holistic health coach with lots of training in fermented foods, so I turned to diet to repopulate my gut. Home brewed kefirs and kombuchas, Bio+K daily, sauerkraut, buttermilk, aged cheese, every probiotic capsule I could get my hands on. I even made my own soil bases probiotics withal technique I learned from a Native American.

Last month I had ubiome done, and was stunned by the results. I have NO probiotics and my digestive symptoms had indicated that to me for a long time.

I turned to my GI doctor for answers. He specializes in fecal transplants, which I’m preparing to do this week. He said that he’s never seen a patient be able to repopulate natural probiotic levels with diet because the many diverse microorganisms aren’t found in kefir or anything else. They’re found in the human digestive tract and the birth canal. Nowhere else. Especially little critters like oxalybacter, which die easily with only one round of Antibiotics . They aren’t found in food and can’t be put into a pill.

So a good diet of fermented food helps increase acidophilus and lactobicilis but can never restore the gut to its ideal envirnoment. Only Fecal Transplant can do that.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.400 sec, (1)