CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Telling it like it is

natway Views: 1,789
Published: 6 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,214,818

Re: Telling it like it is

I agree with most of what you say. I think Iodine in large amounts if anything acts like a stimulant, just like coffee makes a person feel like they have more energy, but it's only a bandaid that will cause problems in the long run.

These Iodine promoters, though with maybe well-meaning intentions, think they have found the "miracle" nutrient, but the thing is, there is no miracle nutrient, or super food. We only need the amount of nutrients we need and any excess our bodies piss or metabolize out.

Of course, if someone is deficient in iodine, they'll need to supplement with Iodine just as the U.S. does as a precaution because some areas in U.S. have iodine-deficient soil, but it would be the same with any other nutrient that's lacking in one's diet, for example vegans who need to supplement with B12, but vegans don't need any more B12 than what's necessary.

I also basically agree with your diet advice. I think humans are meant to eat a mostly plant-based diet, just like our closet relatives in the wild, the Bonobo chimpanzees, who are high-carb and consume only little amounts of animals/insects.

The more animal products a society eats, the more illness they suffer, but sadly, the most recommended style of diet at CureZone is some kind of low-carb/high-protein & fat "meat & veggies" diet and everyone wonders why hardly anyone around here seems to truly get better.

Of course, if there is "miracle" nutrient for one's health, that would be carb calories as I've posted awhile ago that the biggest problems I see around here at CureZone is calorie-restriction and high-fat diets:

- Biggest diet culprits: under-eating & low-carb
//www.curezone.org/forums/am.asp?i=2137749

No amount of iodine will save you from either of those two problems.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

0.719 sec, (1)