CureZone   Log On   Join
Weston A. Price on Alkaline/Acid Balance

wombat Views: 7,803
Published: 14 years ago

Weston A. Price on Alkaline/Acid Balance

from "Nutrition and Physical Degeneration" pub. 1939, p.299

"An important source of misapprehension is the literature and teachings of fadists. Such, for example, as is the misapprehenion of many people that they must only use alkaline producing foods and that a great danger is associated with the use of acid producing foods. In the primitive races I have found practically no difference between the acid balance meat diet of the isolated Eskimos of the far north and the less acid vegetable and milk diet of the other groups as efficient factors in control of caries(cavities). It is important to keep in mind that our bodies have a mechanism for maintaining proper acid and alkali balance in the blood and this varies through only a very narrow limit whether the total balance of food eaten is acid or alkaline."

Do keep in mind that the dietary systems Price is comparing are NON-Westernized. All local, whole foods, no chemicals, pesticides, or cheetos.

I am particularly curious about this:

"It is important to keep in mind that our bodies have a mechanism for maintaining proper acid and alkali balance in the blood and this varies through only a very narrow limit whether the total balance of food eaten is acid or alkaline."

Can someone illuminate me on that point?

from the bottom of the learning curve, with love, Wombat

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.516 sec, (1)