CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Great Question...and a couple of others. Re: Colon Health

unyquity Views: 8,197
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 496,800

Re: Great Question...and a couple of others. Re: Colon Health

Lou,

Thank you so very much for your detailed response. However, after reading it, I'm not sure I made myself perfectly clear.

I'm already aware that the continued use/abuse of ANY cathartic has a negative effect on health. And I agree with all "true" healers...one can't achieve "colon health" without including every aspect of health (exercise, diet, sleep, spiritual, mental, etc).

If someone is needing/using a cathartic for an 'indefinite' period of time, either something is askew with the particular product (and/or how it works for THEIR body) or they need to address other issues to be able to strengthen their digestive/elimination process.

I give lots of advice to people seeking answers for issues regarding their digestion and elimination, and more and more, I am feeling my knowledge level is inadequate. I feel there's a great responsibility one must accept when offering advice (both learning, moral AND ethical), and my learning base (which might seem advanced to a 'newbie') is beginning to feel sorely lacking to me, no matter how honorable my intentions.

Basically, at this point of my learning, my concern boils down to this: Why does Andreas recommend a product for colon cleansing that does not seem (to my research or knowledge) increase or aid peristalsis and the regular sqeezing/exercise of the muscles in the colon? Inquiring minds NEED to know (and understand!) lol

Hanna commonly indicates on behalf of Andreas that the reason is something like "not everybody/body type does well with fiber", and "because the oxygen element assists the cleansing in ways that other colon cleanse products do not". And while those things make sense, they still don't answer my question or concern about peristalsis.

If one uses Epsom Salts or any other "laxative" to achieve regular bowel movements, as part of a cleanse, or for any other reason (for more than a few days), as I understand it, they are weakening their muscles because they are not using their muscles...to some extreme or another. Yet the Colosan/Oxypowder information I have read (and reread) seems to indicate to me, that this is EXACTLY what they do...empty the intestines without the use of the muscles of the intestine.

So, I'm "lost" here. I really respect Andreas' knowledge and expertise (although I am a zillion light years from comprehending the complexities of Aryurvedic medicine), so I'm hoping he can find the time to explain his knowledge & expertise (both to satisfy my curiosity AND so that I can assist others to achieve health, without causing them harm or frustration).

Thanks again for your detailed & informative response!

Unyquity

P.S. and about that 'MH and the LBB everyday'...oh my, to my way of thinking & understanding, that amounts to nothing more than...well, let's just say it doesn't match my current level of knowledge at all.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.148 sec, (2)