CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Stinking up the universe!

Meeeeee Views: 7,497
Published: 19 years ago

This is a reply to # 560,186

Re: Stinking up the universe!

Hi Hopeless,

I can empathize greatly with you. I know it may seem difficult sometimes to even just leave your place of residence and get out in public regularly because you're so ashamed of some particular thing that your mind is reasoning, "Hey, maybe it's safer to stay home, because here I don't get any anxiety or ridicule". However, to be healthy you need something pulling you out every day. Do you still have your job? Do you live with your parents at all? Or are you on your own? Or are you a student at college still?

You need to either be working or in school on the weekdays, and then trying to do something social and fun on the weekends in order to be healthy in the mind in my opinion. Also I strongly believe you need to read the Bible carefully to help you on this journey. Let me just get you started on your journey by quoting the Ten Commandments. This may get a bit long because I want to try to explain what they mean to you, and this is really important.

1. You shall have no other gods before Me.

This means you should worship only him and not worship anything else in the same way. So you must not bow to anything other than Him. He even tells Moses if anyone does, they should be put to death. Because this is someone who's going out of their way to spite God. This is perversion and it's satanistic. So they are really on the wrong road if they do that, and God said it was so serious they should be put to death.

2. You shall not have any graven image.

This is a bit broader than the first, because now it says you can't have any image in your mind that's giving you outright pleasure or lust, where you do anything for that image. For instance, drugs, "needing" junk food, having ANY addictions or obsessions. For instance, even trying to find a great diet like many are here can get to being an obsession that clouds you from God. It is written, "Man does not live on bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God." So Jesus quoting this indicates that listening to what God says in the Bible is just as or more important than the food you put in your mouth at giving you a long healthy life.

This isn't to say, in my opinion, that you can't do anything that gives pleasure ever or that you can't work to find a good diet (particularly since man has manipulated foods so much from God's intention that you must protect yourself against it), but what it does mean is you must control your impulses, exhibit moderation in your attitudes and behaviors rather than extremism. And God says (I'm paraphrasing), "For I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sins of their fathers to the 4th generation, but showing love to a 1000 generations of those who love me and keep my commandments." Wow, I the Lord your God am a jealous God. That is powerful. He wants you to live your life in fear of Him and His wrath. What this does in effect is humbles each and every one of us down to sheep. None of us really "know" anything. And none of us have the right to be "proud" and "confident" because we haven't done the things He's done to claim that right. But it also shows us that we should fear him enough to know that he will punish us for the sins of our fathers, but know he is also a compassionate God because he will show love to 1000 generations of those who keep his commandments.

3. You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.

When people get so involved in earthly things, some people just spew out in frustration the Lord's name and those are people who clearly have priorities mixed up and are starting to challenge (rather than fear) God. This may seem like in unimportant commandment, however nothing that comes out of God's mouth is unimportant. This commandment really shows how sacred God wants us to treat him. He wants us to fear him and worship him. This means get down on your knees and bow where you're unable to even look up at Him were He right before you. So when he doesn't want you to misuse his name, that clearly shows we must fear Him and hold Him sacred.

4. Remember the Sabbath Day and keep it Holy.

He instructs us that each of us should work 6 days a week, resting only on the 7th. So this instructs us in His recommended healthy lifestyle which will make us prosperous. He wants us to work 6 days a week, only resting on the 7th. I have many friends who have trouble doing that and even myself wants to relax on Saturday, but I've found that's the best day to do housework. So I work in that sense too, and really try to enjoy Sundays for rest. But instructing us on the proper lifestyle was only one motive of this commandment. The second motive is to instruct that God made the heavens and earth in 6 days and rested on the 7th, so we should keep that day sacred. Anytime He wants us to keep something sacred means we have to fear Him, and worship Him, and do as He commands. This is also where dividing the week up into 7 days came from. And many people on Sundays go to church because it's the Sabbath Day.

5. Honor your father and mother.

And in the bible it continues, "so that you may live long on the land which the Lord has given you." Wow, something about honoring your father and mother will allow you to live a very long time. Probably, because something in the act of doing that keeps us "in line" and keeps us on a life-promoting track. This means you must do things to honor your father and mother, and never ever think you know better than them. It's helpful to ask, "What can I do to honor my father and mother right now" whether they're alive or not. In some cases your parents may have anger issues or may have raised you poorly, and you may dislike who they are as people, but you make the choice to honor them through your deeds and they will be surprised and know by your fruit (actions) that you are an upright God-fearing person, and may empower them to do some nice things right back at you.

6. You shall not murder.

7. You shall not commit adultery.

Jesus further elaborated on this commandment in the New Testament to show that even if you look lustfully at another person, you are committing adultery even if you don't go through the actions. It's one thing to say, she's pretty, or he's handsome, but it's another thing to say I "need" him or her sexually. If you live an upright life. If you work 6 days a week as he commanded, if you honor your father and mother in your actions, if you fear God and bow and worship Him and only Him, you will have no chance of breaking this commandment. Only when you stray from his lifestyle, do not fear Him or bow to Him, or think you know better than your parents, and are walking proudly instead of humbly, that you will have any trouble keeping this commandment. Most people who commit adultery are those who are demon-possessed, earth-focussed, and those who need to release pent up pain and emotion through sex. So while this is one that's very tough for adults to adhere to, especially with TV the way it is, if you follow his other commandments and recommended lifestyle, you should never have any problem with this one.

8. You shall not steal.

God invented work and labor to get you want. Prayer is to have Him help you with things you can NOT control such as healing yourself or loved ones, or praying for others, or praying just to praise Him and humble yourself to His greatness, not to get petty things that you want. And, in the same sense, you should never steal from your neighbor. You must work harder to get the things you want, not complain, and especially not steal.

9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

My favorite example of this is "gossip". This is the ultimate breaking of this commandment. You must hold integrity and never give in to hurting someone else by spreading lies just be accepted by others for instance. If they don't accept you after you refuse to do it, then they don't.

10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor.

For instance the wife-swapping tv show, which is somewhat humorous in a context, in its literal sense is utterly wrong. Also this also tells you, you must respect your neighbor's property, you must not be jealous, you must have integrity and dignity, and again focus on working for what you want rather than complain or try to possess what is your neighbor's.

These are the ten things the almighty God said that you should do in your lifestimes. These are the hugely important precepts He gave us to produce a long healthy life. In fact, it is estimated that thought and what happens in the mind and spirit affects the health of your cells even more than the food you eat. This makes so much sense and is in accordance with the scripture, "Man cannot live on bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God." So biologically speaking, following these precepts can help you live healthier and longer than even eating the right foods, althought both are critically important. If you're interested on what the bible says is ok to eat I can point you to some verses. Hope this helps.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.193 sec, (5)