CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Extreme flatulence triggered by anxiety.Help!!

Views: 48,907
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 516,899

Re: Extreme flatulence triggered by anxiety.Help!!

i tought i was the only person in the world with this problem! my story is very similar to yours except i hold my gas in and it makes this very loud and embarrassing grumbling noise. it has ruined my social and love life. i can not be in a quiet environment with other people around because i think about then i get nervous and start shaking cause i know the gas is coming. i cant go to the movies or have anyone over without having the tv or the radio on. it doesnt happen when im with people im comfortable with but if its someone im attracted to or anybody else it happens. i have searched the internet and have yet to find a solution. i even went to a gastrlogist and he said it was symptoms of ibs but i took medicine for it but i still had the same problem. its sad to say but alcohol definitely helps some situations. it calms you down to the point that you dont think about anymore but generally you have to be buzzed. another thing i do is if im going to a social setting i take gasx and make sure i use the bathroom and it sometimes helps but not always. i am now trying these tablets called digestive advantage gas prevention therapy i bought at rite aid. unfortunately i often forget to take the tablets so i am not sure how well it works. the best thing is to relax and not think about it but thats nearly impossible. its a mental thing that triggers it so im thinking about going to see a phsycologist to treat the anxiety i dont know if that will help but its worth a shot because this is not normal. thank you for sharing your story and if anyone has additional info plese post!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.797 sec, (1)