CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: some more scandal

Views: 12,655
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,216,168

Re: some more scandal

"It takes a village to raise a child"

I value that very much as our children need varied influences. As I too am all for home parenting and having full control over influences that shape my children's personalities, and my wife is a stay at home mom as she shares my views, we too have experienced those same difficulties: it is very exhausting to be with your child 24/7. Due to work I cannot be at home all the time, as much as I'd love to be, and our families are too far to help. So our children have only my wife and me. That's nowhere near a "village". And to make things worse, I've noticed that when they play outside with other kids who do go to preschool, they then pick-up some ugly manipulations that go on in such groups.

I can tell immediately when they come home with a new "politically correct" trick up their sleave when they want to basically con me into doing something that they want but that is plain wrong or immoral. There are many ways to do that, and one has to be very well versed in psychological games to recognize them at the very outset. So I didn't like that part, and every time it happens, I try and explain to them why and what is wrong with that. But sometimes, those problems learned at the playground go beyond PC/manipulation games, and can be really bad (like spitting in someones face, or cussing, or just screaming and being terribly rough) and that leaves us with even less options. This even contributed to our not taking our children to the playground when we see those terrible kids there. Those kids are in minority, but it is amazing how quickly all kids were to pick up that type of behavior when they were less then 3 yrs old.

I guess as always, the better road is much harder... bordering with impossible. Yet, I'd rather be responsible for whatever my kids didn't get, then blame myself for letting someone else ruin their lives.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.563 sec, (1)