CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hormonal acne

Views: 20,100
Published: 21 years ago

This is a reply to # 9,487

Re: Hormonal acne

Hi my name is Rita and have suffered with hormonal Acne since puberty. I have tried everything including accutane,tetracycline, all the creams and ointments. The only time I didn't have
have Acne was when I was pregnant and while I was breast feeding. I had beautiful skin, that's when I figured out it was hormonal no doctor had mentioned it beofre.
I went on Diane 35 2years ago, as my skin was bad. It did get better, but the side effects of the pill, weight gain, enlarged breasts, and Depression became not worth it. I just went off the pill, and of course my skin is worse almost instantly. I was just reading about a drug called spironolactone which is used
to treat high blood pressure, but reduces the male hormone levels and helps Acne in 2-3 months. It says it may be possible to only take it around 10 days a month. I find I get these huge lumps on my face around mid- cycle.

I live in Canada and Diane 35 is available here. It such a drag not to be able to go without makeup because my face is so scarred, I'm 41 and tired of it too.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.229 sec, (1)