CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hormonal acne - natural treatments

Views: 28,847
Published: 21 years ago

This is a reply to # 9,619

Re: Hormonal acne - natural treatments

Hi Suzy,

I KNOW how you feel too!! ( felt and done all that )
I agree it can be a VERY VERY PAINFUL THING.
I've had SEVERE Cystic Acne since I was 15 - I'm now 38.
Throughout my 20's I went through A LOT of pain, far too much for me to bear and made me even more determined to SEARCH for a CURE. I agree too it is hard for Acne free people to truly understand and know that this a chronic problem and you have to deal with it every day in all forms of severity - not just the occasional pimple. But GOOD NEWS NOW ... I NO LONGER DESPAIR!!

I've LEARNED to CONTROL IT !! Through a lot of READING, research, trials and sufferings I have achieved unthinkable results through changes to my diet and lifestyle.
This may be common knowledge to all but the truth is if you are REALLY serious about eliminating the problem totally, an Acne SUFFERER must EAT and DO things differently to others.
This was the HARDEST THING for me to accept.

Even though it is a GENETIC HORMONAL problem don't ever think that nothing can be done about it.
Nor should you feel you must resort to taking Antibiotics , Diane 35-50, Aldactone, Roaccutane (the dangerous list can go on.) for the rest of your life. Just not possible. They are only QUICK FIXES.
I've tried all but once you stop the ACNE WILL COME BACK because you are not treating the root of the problem. I definitely developed a lot of problems from the long term use of ALL of the above:
Antibiotics - gradual immunity to the medication develops. Been through different courses of various Antibiotics . And can be damaging to the liver
Aldactone - can only be used safely for short term
High Vitamin A Dosage - under medical supervision only. Short term
Roaccutane - can be damaging to the liver
My last resort
Diane 35 - developed a 2 hard lumps on my breast after 2 weeks. TOO STRONG for me
Doctor realised that orthodox medicine could not help me - I must try ALL ALTERNATIVE TREATMENTS IN COMBINATION.

REMEMBER THIS: an acne sufferer MUST ALWAYS use all the ammunition available at once to fight the problem and keep it in check

I was 34 and a still an ACNE SUFFERER. A pretty grim picture at the time.
I needed a SAFER NATURAL LONG TERM TREATMENT. Needed to drastically ALTER MY LIFE IN ORDER TO FIGHT THE PROBLEM. a WHOLISTIC APPROACH because the reality was - it will NEVER GO AWAY unless I REALLY LEARNED TO LIVE with THE ENEMY.

This may appear to be a SIMPLE plan (and can be HARD TO STICK TO).
But Persevere. Don't give up and I'll guarantee RESULTS.

HERE IS MY ACNE LIFE PLAN ( simplified )-
IT IS THE TYPICAL healthy Diet with some alterations

1. AVOID (very important)
CARBOHYDRATE FOODS with HIGH GLYCAEMIC (GI)- ANYTHING SWEET
EG. SIMPLE Sugar sweets, white flour, processed foods, biscuits, pastries, soft drinks, too much rice, anything sweet (EVEN fruit juices - have in moderation). Half a teaspoon of Sugar can lower immunity.

COMPLEX carbs are a BETTER option.

Simple carbs leads to high blood Sugar levels (insulin levels)- leads to hormone changes - stimulates oil glands - causes reactions to skin. Also even half a teaspoon of sugar can lower immunity. Don't want that.

2. AVOID BAD SATURATED FATS & POLYUNSATURATED OILS (very important)
- animal fat (trim it off), butter, palm oil, coconut oil, peanut oil, DAIRY PRODUCTS, oily / fried foods. They all stimulate oil activity

3. SUSTITUTE with monosaturated oils - OLIVE OIL (in moderation though)
EAT MORE OMEGA 3 & 6 rich foods

3. Keep foods simple but tasty - so you will stick with the plan
EAT MORE fish , free ranged chicken, SOY PRODUCTS,
wholemeal, wholegrain breads, oats, pasta, legumes, beans, DARK GREEN and dark RED ORANGE YELLOW vegetables ( good for nutrition - Vitamin A and immunity ), Beetroot, Pumpkin and Carrot are best for liver cleansing. Be creative with herbs, use just a little condiment, dressing or sauces for flavour. Don't go overboard.
Garlic (GREAT Antibiotic - raw preferred) - throw it into salads.(caution: watch the body smells - just gargle, brush and wash more often)

4. Drink Dandelion tea & Lemon tea (no sugar)- liver cleansing.
I prefer LEMON AND WARM WATER after a meal.

5. Exercise till you sweat - relieves stress, rid toxins and helps lymphatic system.

6. Use less salt - better blood circulation
7. Avoid preservatives and additives

8. Try AHA, BHA Vit C, Retinol, Tea Tree Oil, Antioxidant Non drying Skin Products.

9. 30+ Sunblock (non oily zinc oxide preferred) - I like Ultraceuticals Antioxidant Daily Moisturiser SPF30+ (www.ultraceuticals.com.au) - helps prevent pigmentation scarring.

Hope this will help all who suffer from ACNE.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.347 sec, (3)