CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hormonal acne

hope113 Views: 18,634
Published: 20 years ago

This is a reply to # 9,615

Re: Hormonal acne

I will be 27 soon, and I have had Acne since I was 12. It has gone away at times, only to flare up and make my life more complicated. Anyone who has had bad Acne knows how horrible it can be for a girl, all you want is to feel normal and like you can leave in the morning witout spending time on make up. I am a professional now too, and hate it when people get to close to me.

Anyhow, it seems like stress definitley does make my Acne and other symptoms worse. I hate to admit it because doctors always resort to stress as a cause when they don't know the cause.

I am scared, and feel lonely because I finally got so stressed about this, and noticed other problems (thinning hair, and black coarse hairs on my chin) that I ordered diane-35, I didn't have health insurance at the time so I couldn't see a doctor.

I now live alone, moved across the country for a job and am finally going to see a doctor next week. I am afraid to tell them that I have been taking Diane (I live in the US). But I want to find out if I have an adrenal or hormonal problem...also fear a liver problem. It all seems to be related to me. I do know that I have a real sensitivity to alcohol too - and when I have related digestive problems my acne is worse. But, I don't think natural remedies have been enough for me which is why I finally resorted to Diane. My acne was so out of control and painful I could not take it.

I have been on Diane for almost a full 3 cycles now. I don't have to wash my hair as frequently and the acne has gotten better. However, I am concerned because the fine white hairs on my face have gotten longer and more noticeable, and the hair on my head seems noticabley thinner, body hair seems to be increasing too...even though it is fine and blond. The coarse black hairs seem to be fewer...it is strange, it seems like the black coarse hairs turned into hundreds of fine blond hairs, which are annoying me more because I can't pluck them out. The acne on my neck area has gotten worse, while the rest of my face seems clearer.

Anyone else having similiar experiences with Diane? I am afraid to go off it but plan to leave it after a year and switch to a different BP and perhaps the spiro drug. I know the doctor will have something to say..but feel like they dont listen and Ihave been doing soooo much research that I almost trust myself more. But I will have blood tests to be sure. Anyhow, I have also been taking a multi-vitamin, garlic, acidopholous, grapefruit seed extract, and milk thistle for liver function. It is too early to tell if it is helping, but the acidopholous seems to have the most immediate benefit. I think Diane is working well, too, I just need to give it more time I think, and then try to get off it when I am not so stressed over new job, new move, and...well, facial hair and thinning scalp hair...

sorry so long, but I know other women must be going through this, I am tired of feeling like a freak. Most people tell me how pretty I am but I can't stand to be seen up close, and am afraid to get close to people. I just want to feel normal and like I can put my hair in pony tail, run out the door and not worry about "male hormones"

Help me hope!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.131 sec, (2)