CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Hormonal acne

audrey Views: 18,978
Published: 21 years ago

This is a reply to # 9,483

Re: Hormonal acne

I am 40 and am now having to deal with hormonal acne, AGAIN!! I also had it in my teens. About a month ago i started using Proactiv, minocycline, and RetinA with some results so far. It gets worse before it gets better with RetinA. I use Dermalogica Anti Bac skin wash at night then the RetinA, and in the morning Proactiv with their oil free moisturizer with spf 15.
A week ago I started taking an Iodine free multivitamin, flax seed oil, healthy flora for digestion, and zinc. I feel great, although I think I must wait longer for true effects to be noticed.
I eat very good, but I like sugar. EEEK! I know... I quit drinking alcohol 2 and a half years ago and the cravings are still strong. It's funny, when I was drinking I didn't break out at all. Might be some kind of Sugar thing then, as many who've posted have recommended eliminating.
I do notice breakouts are worse from the time I ovulate to the onset of my period. If all else fails then I'll quit the sugar. If that doesn't work I'll try birth control pills.
Good Luck Everyone with this frustrating ailment!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.107 sec, (1)