CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Remember folks...

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
ciscokid Views: 4,051
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,620,357

Re: Remember folks...

If I may add... about the use of Prednisone.

My wife is a liver transplant recipient. 18 years out. At that time, they were working through combinations of medication cocktails as she was in the very early stage of liver transplantation.

Today they leave liver transplant recipients on prednisone for two weeks on average. Back then, because the transplant teams were feeling their way through all this, and my wife would be considered an early lab rat in a sense, she was left on prednisone for three years, at high doses.

This resulted in a destruction of her weight bearing joints via an affliction called Avascular Necrosis. Her hips, then shoulders, then knees became victims of prednisone. The knees typically do not express AVN, but prednisone caused destruction of the connective tissue via osteoarthritis whereas AVN is the destruction of the ends of the weight bearing bones in hips, and shoulders.

She has had two total hip replacements, two total shoulder replacements, and a total knee replacement. We are doing everything we can to manage her last knee before she has to have a this in a total joint replacement.

So not only has prednisone wreaked havoc on my sweetie's major joints, to where she has had to endure 5 total joint replacement surgeries which are very, very scary for a transplant recipient, prednisone also crushed her adrenals too. We learned this very early on. It has been a very, very slow and difficult process to find the right combination of things to bring her adrenals, essentially her endocrine system, back. And prednisone is not the only medication that we have to deal with that affects the adrenals. She is a very complex chess game as I term it.

Extend this out over 18 years.

I appreciate everyone who contributes to this and other forums. Like everything, it is my, and my wife's responsibility to discern what works, and what doesn't. What we choose to adopt, and not. For instance, I have been reading with much interest Unicorn's contributions to the forum because I, we learn a great deal from these perspectives.

Having said that, after 18 years, we are seeing the best response to this difficult set of conditions for my wife, following Hveragerthi's protocols. That is not to play favorites. That is just how it is after 18 years of working on this, and a litany of other things.

Again, we are ALL different. The lesson I take away from this is that we weigh information, and make choices. What works for us may not work for someone us. A many roads to Mecca thing.

On a personal note, I have found HV to be remarkably even in his dispersement of information. It has made the learning curve far easier. I have found it exceedingly difficult when the shift occurs from ideas, to personalities. Not necessary folks, from my perspective.

But that is my personal opinion. And on a far more person comment, I am extremely grateful to HV for his presence. Again, because it has had such a positive impact on us. This story has been 18 years in the making, and we are constantly having to solve things. Constantly.

It is important to state that the ideas presented by say, Unicorn for instance, are extremely valuable too. Because it spawns thinking. I would far rather have ideas sprinkled into the forum and have many things to consider, than not.

Now, having said all that, I am bummed to see when pissing contests take place. It's a drag. Ideas are meant to be weighed. That's how I take all this. Am playing no favorites here. HV's ideas happen to be working better than anything else, for us, but that is not to say someone else couldn't garner another approach.

Anyway, that's all I have to say. I'd rather be considering multiples of ideas than waging personality wars.

My $0.04.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  curezone.com

1.285 sec, (2)